Thursday, November 19, 2009

Review : The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding



If you are a breastfeeding Mom, or ever plan to be, this is the book to read. Written in everyday language, in a relaxed readable style, this book feels more like conversing with a wise and kind grandmother about common questions and concerns than it does reading a breastfeeding manual.
This book is the compilation of many years experience of supporting breastfeeding mothers. La Leche League  International is the world's leading authority on breastfeeding. La Leche League Leaders are mothers who have breastfed their own babies and go through a through training and accreditation process.
They offer mother to mother support in many communities around the globe. I have been a La Leche League Leader for five years. My children are grown and I am now a grandmother, but I love sharing what I experienced a s a breastfeeding mother with younger women. I am happy that my own daughter chose to breastfeed my granddaughter !
In this book, you will find answers to the questions that plague every new mother, such as :
~ How does human milk have an advantage over commercial formula ?
~ Do I need to prepare for breastfeeding during pregnancy ?
~ How do I breastfeed if I need to go back to work ?
~ How do I know my baby is getting enough to eat ?
~ How do I find time for my self and meet my baby's needs ?
~ How do I find the support I need to enjoy breastfeeding ?
~Does breastfeeding benefit me in any way ?
And much more !

The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding was first published in 1958 and, as of this writing, has gone through seven revisions. You can be sure that the information is up to date and thorough.
The book is full of everyday mother's stories and experiences, candidly shared.
I hope you will pick up a copy of this book for yourself or a friend who may be expecting a baby.
To find a La Leche League Leader near you, go to La Leche League International

No comments:

Post a Comment