Friday, June 4, 2010

I am Kathryn. I am a Doula. I make a Difference.



I am Kathryn. I am a doula. I make a difference, a beautiful, vital difference.
I can take the hand of a woman who has not yet walked the path of labor and giving birth, and I can say will all sincerity "I know it is overwhelming. I know it's hard. Every birth is unique, but there are things that every woman who has given birth before have in common. I have walked my own paths path of labor and birth, and I will walk yours with you now. I can show you some of the ledges and roadblocks, and I know some detours. Look into my eyes and know that I have personally experienced many of the things you are feeling right now and I can completely sympathize with you. I have felt the power of babies moving through and out of my own body and into my arms. I have nursed babies at my breast. You are not alone in what you are feeling. I will not leave you. Come now, and let's walk this path together."

No comments:

Post a Comment